Monday, October 20, 2008

My weekend... just thoughts.

Well, Jeremy got a deer before I did. He got it on Thursday night, but I didn't go with. He got a Bambi, aka "button buck." It was a baby but we got a fair amount of meat off of it. It is tasty. We butchered it last night while our friends Kevin and Becca sat on the couch watching Simpsons and witness the meat grinder do its thing.

Saturday afternoon we went out hunting again. It was unsuccessful, but fun. Jeremy and I got to use the two-person stand at his friend's cow pasture. Jeremy was hoping my first deer would present itself that day so he could get it on tape, but nothing showed up except for several cows. Oh well.

Saturday night we enjoyed at Kevin's (and soon-to-be Becca's) place. Jon and Joce were there too. While the guys were out getting Thai food, us girls sat and talked about the upcoming wedding, jobs, etc... It was somewhat therapeutic. When the guys got back, we enjoyed Margaritas.

Now, it is Monday.

If anyone wants to know how it is really going in my life, feel free to call.

No comments: