Sunday, May 31, 2009

Blonde

Before we got married, Jeremy and I decided to get each other a gift. Both gifts were items we would enjoy together but were clearly designed around the recipient's personality. The gift I got Jeremy was in all of our wedding photos.

It was a custom made Mossy Oak Breakup vest and bow tie. These pictures will be hanging in our home for decades to come. Pretty great gift, huh?

Well, this past week I finally cashed in my gift. We drove to Chicago, entered the Oriental Theatre, and enjoyed watching an up close, 2 1/2 hour, pepto-bismol colored stage, and a fantastically talented cast. LEGALLY BLONDE THE MUSICAL! Ok, so it sounds ridiculous, but that is part of the fun. It is actually a great performance and I was so happy to see it.

It was the closest I have ever been to the stage and I will probably never get balcony seats again. It was fun to be so close to the actors that you can make eye contact with them. With those seats, even intermission was entertaining. We walked up to the orchestra pit, watched the musicians warm up, and heard the actors behind the curtain warming up for a very difficult number.


After the performance we went to the stage door. I met Lauren Zakrin who played Elle Woods. She was FANTASTIC. It was really a great night.

2 comments:

BertCCRI said...

What a nice picture of you and Lauren.
Congratulation on your nuptials.

Anonymous said...

It's hard to tell which one is the actress!!! Grandma Laurie