Friday, March 13, 2009

Entering the Convent.


On Sunday I finally did what I have wanted to do for two years now: I auditioned with a little community theatre in town. I auditioned for three shows, but my top choice was Nunsense. I assumed that because of such a small cast, I would not make it. I am new to the theatre, haven't been on stage for 4 years, and haven't sung solo in front of anyone ever. I guess my singing has dramatically improved over the past 5 years though and my ability to read lines isn't terrible because I was casted!

I am Sister Mary Leo. I am a novice who dreams of being the first famous ballerina nun. Now, ballet... That I have one year experience in, but I was 5... so really, that I have no years experience in... nor do I look like I have any experience in it.

I am nervous about the dance, although I am sure they will keep it simple.

I am SOOO excited about getting back on stage.

1 comment:

Joie said...

Way to go! Hope it's a lot of fun for you - congrats on getting a part. :)